Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ABC Wednesday - G is for Geese



G is for Geese............



a pair of canadian geese beside a pond



The larger zoom lens would have come in real handy for this shot, but alas, I had to make due with the only one I had with me.

There was a family of these wild Canadian Geese living beside a pond on a golf course.

From all the grumbling of the golfers - there was not one person happy to see them there.

Not only were they chasing the players and the carts, they were leaving big messy droppings all over the green.

And when it comes to golfers - you don't mess with their green.

It all needs to be maintained just so in order to keep everyone happy, and the geese had no respect at all for that green.

I rather enjoyed the whole scene myself and had to hide my chuckles as I tried to snap a few photos from a distance.

I didn't want those geese to mistake me for one of those angry golfers and come after me too with a vengeance!





This is the fifth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










5 comments:

  1. I'm not a golfer so I would have enjoyed watching the geese take over....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic for a G, I remember being chased by one as a kid,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been chased by a few before.. They are so unfriendly..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love geese, but it's true, they are very messy. We have a large dropping on our garden path right now, presumably from some goose flying overhead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spoke too soon Kathy, you got birds. You know I had to correct myself lately, because I used to call them Canadian Geese also, but I read somewhere the the correct name is Canada Goose or Geese. I thought I tell you, no need to do correction, I find most of people do not know, and don't care too lol. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07