Friday, January 15, 2010

Cabin in the Snow



Cabin in the Snow





a channel of sea water made by the outgoing tide


I have posted many photos of this cabin in the past, but this is the first one I have posted with the snow.

This is a former boy scout campground that is now maintained and owned by the town.

But they only maintain it during the summer.

Getting to it this time of the year is tricky.

It's not far from the road, but walking through thigh deep snow can be an experience.

This is as close as I could get, the trek was wearing me out, and my camera almost took snow dives a couple of times.

It is a beautiful spot though no matter what time of the year.













10 comments:

  1. What a great photo! It makes me think of the winter trips we used to take up to the mountains when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be snowed in for about a week in that cabin with nothing but wood for heat, food, my computer and several good books. It looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this cabin in the woods Kathy...would love to see the inside...and a video of you taking some 'snow dives'...a funny visual indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this photo. Good job on this. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Mac. I would also love to spend just one week or even a weekend snowed in enjoying that wonderful cabin. It is so gorgeous and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so very lovely! I'm glad you made the effort. Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like cracking a walnut, but once in Mmmmm! This is the scene here right now in many places in Bulgaria - Snow at last!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to spend a few weeks in a cabin like this and use it as a base for exploring the woods. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this photo. I might not always comment on your blog, but just so you know, I DO visit it before EC dropping, despite rumors to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07