Sunday, May 6, 2007

A Break from the Computer

I have been spending way too many hours in front of the computer these last few weeks. Granted, it has been raining a lot this spring, but the last couple of days have been way too nice, and I have missed being behind the lens.

I spent an hour today at an old Boy Scout camp that was built back in the 1800's. It is a collection of four log cabins and a large rock-built fire place in an open field. The field was surrounded by poison ivy so I am keeping my fingers crossed that getting these pictures doesn't leave me with this itching malady.

The cabins are kept up by the town and there is a small pond on the premises that the local kids like to fish in. It was nice today with nobody around so I could get my images without interrupting anybody. My family had launched a canoe and were trying to catch some dinner. In about an hour's time they had caught a couple of perch - not near enough for a meal but they we not giving up hope.

It felt good to be outside for a brief time and I must remember to do this occasionally and enjoy these little respites.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07