Wednesday, September 8, 2010

ABC Wednesday - H is for Harbor



H is for Harbor............



boats moored in newcastle harbor



It was the hottest day of the summer when we decided to head to the ocean.

We all thought it would be so much cooler there, but man, were we wrong.

Nothing was stopping the heat - not even that ocean that looked so refreshing.

This is the view of New Castle harbor that we had while we were eating our lunch.

A nice quiet spot with a picnic table in the grass, and a great view to the entrance of the harbor.

The tide was about 1/2 way out, and the boys did some fishing there right after we finished eating.

I did some exploring with my camera and had what I think was a better time than they did.

I had no fishy smelling hands, no slimy bait to deal with, and best of all, I discovered the coolest spot to be found that day.

Yep, life was definitely good on that ocean visit!








This is the seventh round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










3 comments:

  1. My, the Harbor looks like a nice place to visit. The picture is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it surely was a hot summer in the States, too. glad you had a good time.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07