Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Brown Cattail - My World



Brown Cattail - My World





brown cattail in the swamp

There were not too many of these cattails growing around the swamp.

I was glad to see that the few that were there were close to the edge that I was standing on.

And not too far in the water so I could get a good close-up of them.

I remember when I was in girl scouts, many years ago, we learned that the pollen from these plants, at the right time of the year, could be used as flour.

I always was amazed by that, but never had the opportunity to try it.

It must produce quite a bit of pollen though as flour is usually used in measurable amounts.

Hopefully we can back to the swamp to catch them in their next stage - all fluffed out.








MWT White










1 comment:

  1. wow! amazing photography! I like your photography blog. You did wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07