Saturday, September 11, 2010

Relaxing on the Breaker Wall



Relaxing on the Breaker Wall



a young man leaning against the harbor marker



Both of the boys were out there at the end of the breaker wall when we visited the ocean earlier this summer.

I can usually get about half way down this wall, then the large rocks start getting just a bit too far apart for my liking.

I'm not the nimble youngster I used to be, but that is not the problem.

It's those large spaces with nothing in between them that I have to step over.

The fear sets in, and I immediately sit down on the rock I'm on.

Don't want to fall with my camera gear - those spaces make me dizzy.

After a pep-talk of mind over matter, I try again.

A couple more rocks, and another sit-down.

This has been going on for at least a half an hour now.

My son has been back a couple of times to help me - he literally runs down these rocks to me.

I envy that and tell him, I'm getting there - I'll wave when I need help.

Most times I never make it down to the end.

But this past time, I did.

And I will have photos in future posts to prove it!










3 comments:

  1. Oh...that sounds and looks like a scary journey. Thank goodness for sons. I will look forward to the coming pictures!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Large rocks looks nice from the distance, but they are dangerous to step on. Wrong step and they will cut you like a blade. Good thing all went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07