Wednesday, January 5, 2011

ABC Wednesday - Y is for Yellow



Y is for Yellow............



little yellow flowers against the sky and ocean



Hundreds of these little yellow wildflowers were growing alongside the ocean last summer.

In the past, I have found thistle one season and milkweed growing the previous season.

They are all wildflowers, but someone must be tending to them - digging up the old and putting in new ones each summer.

I wonder what will be put in this spot next summer - will have to make sure we get to this area again during the growing season.

I was surprised to see the thistle all gone - they have the biggest, sharpest thorns I have ever seen - must have been some pair of gloves that dealt with them!





This is the seventh round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










6 comments:

  1. Soothing, somehow.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful scene - nothing nicer than wildflowers with an ocean background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful yellow green depicted in this image :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised that the thistle resembles mustard, which grows wild in my neck of the woods during the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty photo, Kathy. Interesting to think that someone would go to the trouble of replacing one wildflower with another like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow color is my favorite.Yellow is the symbol of friendship.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07