Sunday, July 20, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday - Goldenrod by the Ocean


Goldenrod by the Ocean for Green Thumb Sunday


yellow goldenrod wild flower beside the ocean




Green Thumb Sunday Blogroll

How to join Green Thumb Sunday


This is a shot of a Goldenrod wildflower that is different from the one I posted about a couple of weeks ago.

This shot shows the tiny little blooms that make up the big flower.

I am quite envious of this little plant - it has quite the waterfront view!

The cove along the ocean made a beautiful backdrop and the blues in the water and the sky set the yellow off just perfectly.

I like the clarity and focus of the flower, but I do wish I had blurred the background a bit more. The details of it seem to distract from the flower and give the whole image an overall "busy" look.

Would love to hear what you think about it!











9 comments:

  1. I like the busy look. The sharp focus of the flower contrasted with the background makes for a nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you - it has quite a waterfront view. I love this shot. The color of the flower is very bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all kinds of Goldenrod. It is such a great plant for Oklahoma in the fall.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left a comment, but I'm afraid it didn't go through. I love Goldenrod in all its forms. It provides wonderful color in Oklahoma in the fall.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This solitary image of the flower with ocean in the background, gave me a sense of peace tinged with a bit of loneliness when looking at the image - I'm not sure why that is; just my first impression.

    It's a beautifully captured photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to look at the large version. I encourage everyone to do the same. Very dramatic, nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually like the DOF of this shot. It is very clear where the location is, but the Goldenrod is the center of attention, which is what you want. The detail, color and composition all work nicely to create a great image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see what you are saying about the relation between the foreground (flower) and the background, but I actually like it as is. I don't think the background detail detracts at all. It gives the whole image a sense of place.

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07