Wednesday, July 4, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Y is for Yankee





Y is for Yankee..........



 fireworks against a night sky

 

I think I have used this word before for "Y", but it is just perfect for today.

Today is Independence Day in the US - a celebration of our country's birthday.

It was in 1776 that the we won our freedom from England.

 We were known as the "Yankees" and we defeated the "British" during the Revolutionary War.

Fireworks, cookouts, and parades are celebrated in many towns, large and small, across the United States.

Happy July 4th to my readers - keep safe as you enjoy this holiday!









 


This is the tenth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07