Friday, March 12, 2021

Ice Art

 


The rain was coming down and freezing upon contact one February afternoon.

When it finally stopped, I was anxious to get outside, but being in the middle of something, my walk was delayed.

The temps were quickly rising, and I could see the ice falling from the tree branches as I watched from the window.

I was going to miss my ice photos opportunity - one is lucky to get these perfect conditions once a season when it all comes together just right.

By the time I made it outside, there wasn't much ice left on the bushes, berries, branches, or pines.

A few mediocre photos made it onto my camera, and I was getting ready to retrace my path back into the house.

Then I saw it out of the corner of my eye.  That perfectly shaped ice leaf - all alone hanging from a branch.

It had separated from the leaf on which it had been formed, and it was just there - in the empty space between the branches.

I snapped a few photos of this little beauty before it joined all the other ice creations that had succumbed to the warming temps.

I had been fretting not ten minutes before about being too late in getting outside.  

Had I been earlier, this piece of ice art wouldn't have been finished and I would never have seen it.

And just a minute later, I would have missed it as well.

Timing was perfect for this shot, and I was most lucky. 

Things do have a way of working out if we just let them.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07