Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Feathery Grasses - My World



Feathery Grasses - My World



tall grasses in the autumn



The tall feathery grasses along the ocean have lost all their color as they ready themselves for the upcoming winter.

The wind was really whipping, and when spring approaches, those feathery tops will be few and far between.

Between the wind and the heavy snows, many of the stalks will break off.

If this photo had sound, you would hear the rustle and shake of the dried stalks - it is actually pretty loud.




MWT White











9 comments:

  1. The texture and the mood from this shot is impeccable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty picture. The blue sky is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of my favorite photos of yours...the rich blue sky, going from dark to light and the detailed contrast of the feathery grass...beautiful Kathy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Amy. This was was taken before I had my DSLR, and I was always amazed at how well the camera captured them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Roentarre. It was quite beautiful there that day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photo, the sky and the grasses are just simply beautiful. WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness you explained -- I had no idea WHAT those were! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat shot, Kathy. Nice work!

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07