Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ABC Wednesday - G is for Green






This was one of the prettiest dragonflies that I have seen.

When I first saw it, it was on a leaf in the garden, and I almost missed him because he matched that leaf so well.

So, I followed him around until he landed on something that he stood out against.

It took a while, and I guess he was tired, because he stayed quite a while on these rocks.

He didn't fly away as I closed in on him.

This was the closest I could get with the lens I had on the camera - not my macro one which would have done a great job with his details.

He was beautiful, and I have yet to see another one like him - perhaps this summer I might get a chance.

My eyes will be peeled.





This is the twelfth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details. 







2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07