Wednesday, June 13, 2012

ABC Wednesday - V is for Viewer




V is for Viewer..........



 a viewer alongside the ocean

 
These viewers can be found at many of the panoramic view sites across our state.

From the mountains to the seacoast, one will find these metal "binoculars" which allows the user to get a closer look at distant scenes as they move and pan the viewer around on the post.

But one cannot just walk up to one and begin using it.

They cost money.

Not sure how long they run once the money is inserted - I have never used one.

I usually have my camera with me, and I am sure my lenses give me a better look than that contraption can deliver!





 


This is the tenth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










6 comments:

  1. A beautiful choice for V.

    Variety of Wild Birds, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viewers have been around for a long time...remember them as a kid♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. You echo my thoughts, I have never seen anyone use them, well not since the time they cost a penny back in the dark ages.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those viewfinders
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to use these in the mountains. I'm always looking for wildlife.
    ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07