Wednesday, May 2, 2012

ABC Wednesday - P is for Pier






P is for Pier..........



a long wood pier at the ocean

 
So very long is this old wood pier at the ocean.

The wood has been weathered by the rain, sun, and salt air.

Every so often you feel a soft, rotting plank as you walk along.

And here and there you will find one missing.

The park people work on it a couple times a year to replace the rotting and missing planks, but that is not what worries me the most.

It's all those supporting beams underneath that have me concerned.

They are old, the water is very deep, and I don't believe they get any care.

I am glad to see they are thick, but the wiggling gets to me each time I see them moving in the water.

I would think they would ban us from going out on it if it got to be too dangerous.

Until then, I enjoy it and keep a cautious eye on the whole situation.



 


This is the tenth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










1 comment:

  1. I love being by the water, so I love piers.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07