Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ABC Wednesday - X is for XX





X is for XX..........



a young man on a bench beside the water

 

I am really stretching it this week - after nine rounds, my "X" vocabulary has dwindled considerably.

My youngest will be turning twenty years old this year, leaving the teens behind to begin a new decade.

And to represent the number twenty in Roman Numerals, one uses the capital letter "X" two times.

Ten for each "X" equals twenty.

XX = 20.

Really stretching the X for this week, and I hope it qualifies!





 


This is the ninth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.







10 comments:

  1. Happy XXth birthday, son of yours!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - sounds as though you are losing heart dear wonderful contributor! ABC without KML????? Tell me otherwise! What a journey we have travelled!!!!
    Denise ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, my dear Denise - I shan't let a lowly "X" do me in!

    This is my favorite meme with the best group of contributors on the net.

    Onward we shall go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure XX qualifies. I saw greater stretches than this in some blogs. But X is a challenge no question. Can you believe it I just found my X for the next round today! I just hope I remember by the time we get there again and remembering might be a greater stretch than finding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't think of roman numbers, but I should have thought about XXL, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing that all bloggers always find new X-words, isn't it?! I also have to do my best to find them! Well we managed, didn't we?!
    Have a wonderful new round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it qualifies - my youngest will be turning 21 in February - scary, scary thought...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy you are so persistent to continue the ABC ... Sorry I missed you for Christmas, and hope you had good one. Wishing you happy new year, good health, love and peace. Turning 20, wow that is big number, and I am sure the XX qualifies. Enjoy your new year, and happy blogging. Glad to see you around, many of us original are gone. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07