Wednesday, September 7, 2011

ABC Wednesday - H is for Herbs

  

H is for Herbs..........



basil on a drying tray

This herb is my most favorite.
 
And this year's harvest will be the best I have ever had.
 
Basil - so fragrant and delicious.
 
I love to grow it, harvest it, dry it, use it in many dishes, and best of all, smell it.
 
Doesn't this look like a lot of it?
 
I had four trays of it in the dehydrator, so you think I wouldn't run out each year.

dried basil on a drying tray
 
But this is what it looked like after it dried,
 
And once it is de-stemmed and crushed up - there is very little of it.
 
I will be harvesting my crop in the next week or two - I like to let it grow as long as I can.
 
My house will smell so good as it dries!


 


This is the ninth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.







2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07