Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ABC Wednesday - X is for Xanthophyll


  


X is for Xanthophyll............



eggs in a bowl

It's in there - the xanthophyll.
 
All eggs, even these hard boiled ones have it in them.
 
Are you ready for what it actually is?
 
The xanthophyll is the yellow carotenoid pigment that is in the egg yolk.
 
I know it's a stretch for X this week, but it works, even if you can't see it in this image.
 




This is the eighth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.









6 comments:

  1. I am so glad to know this as I love my eggs. Hard boiled, over easy, medium, scrambled....egg salad sandwiches, the list goes on.....

    Your picture make me want to go boil some eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not really that much of a stretch at all

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photos very amazing and colorful.And looking for very natural. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used that some time back when I was in an alpha blog challenge. Nice to learn new words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that but I do know that your photo is wonderfully simple! The curve of the bowl is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully composed photograph. Lovely. :D

    My X letter offering is at:



    <a href="http://miskmask.wordpress.com> Miskmask's Letter X Poem </a>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07