Wednesday, June 22, 2011

ABC Wednesday - W is for Weather


  


W is for Weather............



thunder clouds building in the summer sky


Most people think of the weather as a conversation piece or starter - "Nice day today, don't you think?"
 
Well, I am one of those weirdos who actually likes the weather.
 
I love to keep track of the forecasts to know what is coming.
 
I love to watch the clouds, test the wind, read the temperature, and watch the barometer.
 
I have a fancy little "weather station" right beside my computer so all my numbers and readings are right at hand.
 
My internet browser has the 5 day forecast all lined up with all the necessary settings too.
 
My kids know who to ask when they are looking for the "right" days for outdoor activities.
 
And you know - this "weather" thing goes way back.
 
I can't remember a time I wasn't interested in it.
 
Guess I missed my calling - I would love to make those big bucks the weather men do - even when they are wrong!




This is the eighth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.









5 comments:

  1. My hubby always says that being a weather man is the only job where you can always get it wrong, and never get fired!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are weird than I am also.:)
    Love the sky filled with clouds framed by the dark trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my wife's a weather nut, but not as skilled as you.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe. I am the opposite. I know nothing about the weather. I find it baffling. =P But maybe a little reading will help...

    Anyway, beautiful picture again. =) I like looking at clouds and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the texture of clouds especially right after the storm passes. I should have a few shots up on my blog today or tomorrow showing just this subject. www.vistaphotos.net You're already following so maybe you get a message when I update. I follow you but I don't get updates when you publish new articles from the Network blogs.. I should look into that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07