Wednesday, January 12, 2011

ABC Wednesday - Z is for Zizel



Z is for Zizel............



a chipmunk on a rock beside the lake



He's hard to find - blending in with the rock, moss, and grasses beside the lake.

Can you spot him?

His little feet never touched the water as he darted out from under the rock that is sitting in the water.

He was so quick!

We call them chipmunks, but they are also known as rock squirrels, striped squirrels, chippers, and zizels, as I learned today.

It's not one of my better images, technically, but I enjoyed his quick visit and am glad I was able to photograph him.





This is the seventh round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










5 comments:

  1. I can barely see him!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to enlarge the picture to find him...but there he was, hiding in the colors. Great way to end our ABC Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent capture! I'll try to remember zizel - as there are many of them around here and they've been called every name but zizel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to look really close to find him, but I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07