Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Balloon Glow - My World



Balloon Glow - My World





hot air balloons glowing at night

This image was taken during the summer during a hot night in August.

There is a small park in a small town about 45 minutes from our house, and this attraction draws big crowds from many states.

The balloon festival lasts for a weekend, and weather permitting, the hot air balloons take off at 6 AM and 6PM over those days.

This was the first time I had seen the Balloon Glow, and it was just grand.

There were tons of people everywhere and my husband stood guard over the tripod so it didn't get knocked over by the hundreds of passers-by in the dark.

Some of the more rude ones actually stood right in front of my camera.

I was quite lucky to get some decent shots of these beauties!











MWT White










4 comments:

  1. I love it Kathy. It brings back a lot of memories. We use to live in Allen, TX. and every Saturday morning we would sit and have our coffee as tons of balloons flew over. Great shot!
    Happy day!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wonderful capture!
    Rude people are so annoying.:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this photo is beautiful. I dream of taking shots like these

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07