Sunday, September 5, 2010

Swimming is Rough



Swimming is Rough



fins sticking out of the water



The winds have been up and the swimming these last two days has been so rough.

Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, but it was still quite a workout fighting the waves as we swam against the wind.

I would not have been able to swim yesterday if I didn't have a pair of flippers to use - I would have been completely swamped by the waves and swells.

I started out the season using my fins, but I gave them up over a month ago - it made swimming much too easy.

Not so easy on the legs, but I didn't have to use my arms, and I didn't feel I was getting all the benefits swimming provides.

I figured, if I was willing to brave the chilly waters, I might as well get the full body workout.

I do know one thing - I will surely miss this exercise once the water becomes too cold.

Hope it isn't for another few weeks!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07