Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ABC Wednesday - X is for XXX



X is for XXX............



crosses in a window pane



I am really pushing it this week. I have been involved with ABC Wednesday for all 4 rounds that it has been through, and even with the dictionary to give me an idea, I am running out of things to photograph for X.

So, I decided this time to go with the shape of X - as in these window panes.

These windows are on one the oldest houses in our state. It is the Sherburne House that is located at Strawbery Banke in Portsmouth, NH.

It was constructed circa 1695, and when touring this house one can view the various materials and methods of construction for that era.

The windows are single paned, and I can only think how drafty they must have been when the cold winter wind blew.

I love the history in these old houses and walking through them sends you back to another time.



This is the fourth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










10 comments:

  1. I would have the same problem...You have made a very good choice for X.

    I like it...then again I do not think I have ever not liked any of your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool windows.
    X is the most difficult of all the letters I think.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think those types of windows must be a pain to clean. Lovely X.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your photo. Makes me feel wonder what it must have felt like to be behind those windows in those days. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dorothy - you are too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry - thanks for stopping by. Just visited your blog - great X photos you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha Joy - That was my second thought after the cold wind one. They must be such a pain to clean even though they are pretty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Janae! I love going through the old houses - glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's pretty old, 1695! I love those old windows with the tiny panes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for X, would be very cool to walk through the house and imagine what it would have been like back then.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07