Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ABC Wednesday - M is for Mists



M is for Mists............



mists rising off the top of a water fountain



There was just a slight breeze on this hot summer day at the park.

The air currents were just enough to stir up a light spray of mists off the top of the splashing water fountain.

I have walked in this park many times, and this fountain always draws my attention each time.

This was the first time I had seen these mists though, and I am sure glad I was there at the right time to capture them.

I used back lighting for this photo, and it worked to darken the background and make the mists more visible.




This is the fourth round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










8 comments:

  1. What a great photo! Love the mist! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo. Great M idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photograph, quite ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy great photo. Anything involving water always amazes me. Thanks for sharing. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip about backlighting! I shall remember that if I want to try photographing a similar phenomenon - that's a great photo!

    On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me this is a nostalgic post. Fountains, especially those in parks, remind me of my (lost) youth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07