Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grazing Cows for Green Thumb Sunday


Grazing Cows for Green Thumb Sunday


cows grazing in a green pasture




Green Thumb Sunday Blogroll

How to join Green Thumb Sunday


Last week I posted about the view that the cows had behind their barn.

These are the cows that live in that barn. I believe there are more further down the hill behind the trees, but these ones were still in view from the road.

They really do have a beautiful pasture with plenty of grass and room to keep them happy.

We have another snow storm headed our way tonight. I like looking at these images to remind me that summer will eventually get here in all it's glory.










10 comments:

  1. Nice to see the green! Cold and snowy here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dito what Rosemary said, mind you it has stopped snowing for a while, everything is still all white, got a few months to go yet to get the green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, yes, spring will get here. I've been locked in the house by snow and ice all week, no chance of getting my walks. :(

    Thank goodness we can look at photos and imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemary - Very anxious for the green to return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bob - It will certainly be a while - but the days are getting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda - I have been missing my walks too. One can only make so many rounds around the living room and kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this photo...I had a real love affair w/ 'Gal', a dairy cow this summer...she got my whole line of cards started...long story...love the rich terra brown w/ the green pasture...lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always find that sort of picture to be balm for the soul. I could sit and look at it for ages. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beautiful greens and yellows of this photograph and the beautiful lethargic looks of the cows in the pasture.. a delightful photograph and a reminder that this cold winter will not last forever.
    I hope your snowstorm did not punch too much of a wallop on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss the color green so much...Beautiful capture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07