Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ABC Wednesday - Q is for Quiver



Q is for Quiver.............


a bow with a quiver and arrows in the autumn




It's not easy to see in the photo, but if you look closely, you can see the quiver that is attached to this bow.

The bow is a camouflage color, and it is really blending well with its surroundings - not what I was hoping for when I took the photo.

This style of quiver holds the arrows upside down with the feathers or fletchings hanging down.

I had never seen one attached to the bow itself until I saw the setup my husband uses.

Most of us think of the quiver that Robin Hood used, with the feather ends of the arrows sticking up behind his back so he could just grab one from over his shoulder and fire away.

One of the benefits to this style is the whole unit is together, so you just need to carry one thing while walking through the woods.

It does increase the weight of the bow, and throws the balance off slightly, but it is not in the way for aiming or using the bow, and the hunter gets used to them being attached.

Once he finds a back style that he likes, my husband will retire this quiver and use the kind that Robin Hood did, as that is what he prefers.

If you click on the photo, it will bring you to my website where you can view a larger size to see the details of the bow and quiver.





This is the third round of ABC Wednesday. If you would like to join in please visit this site for the details.










10 comments:

  1. Yes, Robin Hood's quiver was the style I was thinking of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice ! I have some difficulties to see the quiver(="carquois")-but I love the colours of autumn in the forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of that kind of quiver. Interesting. And I agree with Miss Yves -- love the autumn setting and color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen a quiver at all too! I wish you had a super close-up so I can see!

    By the way, maybe you would like to join my bloggy anniversary giveaway :)

    Earth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am QUITE late this week visiting your blog.
    I was feeling QUEASY yesterday.


    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by - I do wish the quiver part came out better so it was easier to see. Will have to wok on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again - yes, they will stay for the winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07