Monday, August 4, 2008

Snorkeling at the Lake


Snorkeling at the Lake


a teen boy snorkeling at the lake


For years my husband would spend time snorkeling around the lake during the summer, and he was thrilled when the kids wanted to join him in the depths of the water.

He had spent much time scuba diving around the rugged coastline when he lived at the ocean. When we moved inland, snorkeling became a favorite pass time at the lake.

He and the kids couldn't wait to let me know about the Bass fish that were swimming around my legs as I kicked and floated above them.

Can't say I was too happy to hear about it, but you know, I never touched or felt them, so I just kept the "what you can't see" thought in mind and enjoyed the water.

He shares stories of his diving days with the kids as they read and browse the pages of his favorite Scuba diving magazine, Sport Diver.










4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just don't need to know what's in the water with you, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first learned to snorkel, at age 10, it was in a lake. It's nothing like snorkeling in the ocean, of course, but you never know what you're going to see when you put your mask on and look under the surface of any body of water -- and that's why I keep on doing it after all these years!

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Book it - glad it was a lake - don't have to worry about the sharks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobbie - I have snorkeled a few times, and it is amazing. Never been in the ocean - glad I have your blog to enjoy the beautiful life there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07