Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Home on the WWW




A Home on the WWW




glass globes concept of the www



I have been giving some serious thought to moving my blog to its own domain and having it hosted independently.

I know it would entail a huge move, and I would loose all the page rank and other ratings that I have worked so hard to obtain.

This is the only reason that is holding me back at this time.

Meanwhile, I have been searching around for webhosts, and that is a big job in itself. There are many opinions, good and bad about the thousands of them out there.

I have found a site that offers reviews for web hosting, and it gets frequent updates of which hosts are the highest rated ones on the net. It lists the top ten hosts and includes the monthly cost, space, and the year they were established.

They have a quick start page with links that helps the novice - like me - find answers on how it all works.

I have not made up my mind yet about moving, but I know it doesn't need to be done right at this moment. There are so many photos in my camera waiting for me to process them - and with the summer coming - there will be even more.

I will bookmark this site though, as it will be a great resource to help with many of the questions I know I will have.










8 comments:

  1. If you move, please leave this one behind, with a link to the new one, so we can all find you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I caught this post. I'm considering eventually going self hosted too, and appreciate the links you've provided. I look forward to following your progress on the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Helena - there is so much to think about with a move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer - It probably won't be for a while - but I will be actively checking everything out about it. I wish I had done it that way when I first started with blogging - live and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok I will waiting for your decision

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also trying to decide which way to go ito self-hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also trying to decide which way to go ito self-hosting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07