Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tripods

To shoot images that are sharp and clear, especially at lower shutter speeds, a tripod is a necessity.


Chocolate Fudge Macro


Many things can lead to blurred images. It could be a focusing problem, an incorrect depth of field, a moving subject, or a moving camera. The solution to the camera moving is to use a tripod.

Many DSLR cameras are heavy and adding any kind of telephoto or zoom lens to the camera body will only increase the weight. Using a tripod will ensure that camera shake or movement will not be an issue in your images.

There are many different kinds, sizes, and styles of tripods and tripod heads. I use a small sturdy tabletop model for much of my indoor macro shots in the light tent. I have a full-size model that I use outdoors and for larger subjects.

My favorite "pod" to carry with me is a lightweight monopod. When hiking and traveling it is perfect.




2 comments:

  1. I think you should post a recipe for making these fudge squares, and then photo tips...lol, this photo is so tasty, my husband would love this..Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend just purchased a Gorillapod and loves it. It might look a little funny, but it's easily posable and sturdy.

    Here's a link to their site for more info
    http://www.joby.com/products/gorillapod/

    Nice pictures and site, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - it is appreciated! I will do my best to return it with a visit to your blog. Take care, and enjoy!

Google
 

Visitors Since 09/05/07